LPX Chrome fly rods are designed and built with a brand-new Guideline rod action. They have a ¾ deep load and power that kicks in earlier in the cast without sacrificing the speed in the rods. They have a lightness, stability and responsiveness that connect you with the cast in a totally new way. LPX Chrome 6pc are travel friendly fly rods perfect for hunting large seatrout, salmon, or steelhead. The 6-piece rods have a slightly faster action than the 4-piece models. A Premium rod stacked full of features, rarely seen at these prices.
The secret behind the distinct rod action is our C.A.P M4.0™ technology, an advanced carbon layup that creates a unique rod flex, that has it all. The action is best described as medium fast, progressive with fast recovery. The tip section has great stability for setting sharpen loops and the power to lift heavy sinking lines. During casting you easily get connected to the lower parts of the rod which delivers a remarkable kick/catapult effect in the stop, this lets you deliver long casts with hardly any power. The unique side-stability in LPX Chrome make the fly line follow the rod extremely well when you swing and rotate the rod during the cast. Leading to more precise casting, higher line speed and cleaner loops. A truly new action that will set the standard for our future fly rods.
The LPX Chrome rods has custom designed reel seat and FLOR grade quality cork grips with rubber-cork reinforcements to stand the test of time and hard days on the water. The actions are adjusted for each model and length, to ensure you get the best casting and fishing tool available for a given fishing situation. For the models in 12'3", 12’6” and 12'9" lengths, we recommend our compact 3D+ shooting head series or the 4D Compact Body and Tip concept. Rods from 13'9" to 14'9" will perform superb with our original 4D and 3D+ shooting heads.
6 PC CHROME DH MODELS
12’3 #6/7 6pc – A truly light and small double hander. Designed to be use in small to medium sized rivers when gentle presentations after spooky fish is essential. Yet powerful enough to handle both larger fish and flies, as well as various types of lines and casts.
12’6 #7/8 6pc – is an increasingly popular model. Great for small to medium sized rivers like in Iceland. Ultra-light rod with superb stability and response that will keep you going for hours with ease.
12’9 #8/9 6pc - This rod works in a wide variety of rivers from small to medium sized. Perfect for those summer days with medium to low water fishing. A rod that truly connects you with the cast in a totally new way. One of our favourites!
13’9 #9/10 6pc – If you want ONE rod to cover it all – this is it. Light weight and a crisp, medium fast flex with lots of power. Designed to handle any casting style and everything from sinking to floating lines using larger flies.
14’9 #10/11 6pc – is the perfect tool for early spring fishing when the rivers are cold and high, using large flies and heavy sinking lines. But still, you have an incredibly light, stable and responsive fly rod. Our favourite for early season salmon fishing in Norway and Sweden.
• C.A.P M4.0 advanced blank construction technology.
• Medium Fast action with a blank construction that generates a fast recovery speed.
• Versatile rod action that manages all types of lines.
• Super light rods with low swing-weight that lets you fish long brutal hours in search of Chrome without fatigue.
• Glossy coated deep Teal/Grey colored blanks with matching Teal wrappings.
• Highest quality FLOR grade cork grips that will stand the test of time and countless hard days on the water.
• Matte-Grey/Teal hard anodized reel seats with “CHROME logo" to ensure thickest and hardest layer of protective anodizing possible.
• Lightweight and corrosion-resistant Titanium stripper guides with zirconia inserts.
• Guides are single leg and PVD coated in a semi-matte gun smoke finish. Strong finish without toxic lead.
• Delivered with recycled polyester rod bag in a strong Polypropylene tube that also has a recycled polyester fabric cover.
• GL ECO-Tech ™, no grinding of blanks that produce harmful dust at production facility.
• Low Toxic Resins: Glues and varnish on the rods have a very low content of harmful substances, which leads to a healthier worker’s environment.
C.A.P M4.0™ TECHNOLOGY
C.A.P M4.0™ gives spectacular performance with flawless recovery and unique precision. C.A.P Technology features a Complex Axial Pattern (CAP) paired with unidirectional carbon fiber layups. In CAP, layers of carbon fibers are placed in varying angles to each other to maximize strength and stability in all directions. In a unidirectional non-woven carbon pattern, all fibres run in a single, parallel direction ensuring maximum strength lengthwise. M4.0 ™ is the resin we use in this type of blank construction. The properties of this resin fill the gaps in the carbon cloth more effective than normal resins and has greater strength. It also decreases the overall need for resin in blank construction. Resulting in lighter rods than ever before.
|Model||Lenght||Class||Weight||Parts||Handle front/back||Rec. head weight|
|LPX Chrome DH 6pc||12’3"||#6/7||182 g||6 pc||270 mm / 115 mm||25-27g / 385-420 grains|
|LPX Chrome DH 6pc||12’6"||#7/8||186 g||6 pc||295 mm / 115 mm||28-31g / 430-480 grains|
|LPX Chrome DH 6pc||12’9"||#8/9||197 g||6 pc||310 mm / 115 mm||32-35g / 490-540 grains|
|LPX Chrome DH 6pc||13’9"||#9/10||212 g||6 pc||325 mm / 115 mm||37-40g / 570-620 grains|
|LPX Chrome DH 6pc||14’9"||#10/11||253 g||6 pc||360 mm / 125 mm||43-47g / 660-720 grains|